Celebrity Gossip and celebrity scandal are everywhere. When it comes to stars and celebrities we love to talk about them. Not many people can resist a good old gossip preferable about someone that is known. Celebrity gossip and news can be found in magazines, on the radio, and on the television screen.
Celebrity Gossip is a great way to take a break from the more serious news that is found both locally and around the world. As a society we like to follow the actions of those celebrities we see in media. We talk about them. After all, do you really want to miss out seeing the next outrageous outfit that Nicki Minaj is going to wear?
Do you feel a twinge of guilt about buying a gossipy celebrity magazine? Don’t. Tell yourself instead that you are merely honoring a respectable ancestral survival mechanism by engaging in celebrity gossip. This reveals lots about our culture. Celebrity gossip helps us tackle our social anxieties (what if we started breaking the rules like some Celebrity) and celebrity gossip tells us something about our dreams (only if I were to be rich and careless like Angelina). It seems we can”t get enough!
Dressed in layers – check!
Camera – check!
Sunglasses – check!
Cowgirl boots – check!
This morning I snuck away to the largest Palm Tree Oases in the Northern Hemisphere. My Desert Adventure guide Darrell “Blackfeather” picked me up in my Palm Springs hotel lobby with his Red Jeep waiting outside.
We headed (top down!) for the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians. “Blackfeather” offered interesting insights on the way as to the geography/topography of the Palm Springs area plus local tips for visitors. Upon arrival at the Cahuilla Indian Village I learned about 150+ species of plants including the indigenous Fan Palms and Desert Lavender as well as Cahuilla culture and legends. My 1 mile guided hike up the Andreas Canyon featured up close views of stunning rock formations complete with a stream of cascading water shaded by a canopy of California Fan Palms. I was moved!
On my next Desert Adventure I’ll be headed to the San Andreas Fault with the Red Jeep Eco tour and I can not wait! Other excursions offered include: Mecca Hills/Painted Canyon Jeep Eco Tour, Joshua Tree National Park Eco Tour, Wonders of the Coachella Valley, Team Building Programs, Corporate Events and Parties, Weddings and Receptions, Family Reunions, etc. Don’t miss out MotherStuckers! Advance reservations required for all tours. www.red-jeep.com 888-440-JEEP(5337).
Put a fork in me – Could this trip start any better? The Mother Stucker is out and about in Palm Springs, CA — First stop, downtown Palm Springs to sneak a peek at “Forever Marilyn” — Standing 26 feet tall and looking gorgeous at 34,000 pounds. Come see her at Palm Canyon and Tahquitz Canyon Way (across from Starbucks of course!) where she will remain until June 2013.
You might be surprised of all of the things Vaseline can do for you. It just celebrated its 141st birthday, so there must be a reason why it has lasted through all of these years!
1. It makes your eyelashes grow: Lather Vaseline all over your eyelashes overnight and watch them thicken, even without a prescription!
2. Soften dry and cracked elbows.
3. Store a mini-Vaseline container in your purse and use for emergency dry cuticle moments.
4. For kissable, luscious lips: Fall is a beast for drying out summery, dewy lips. Vaseline is there for you and your irresistible pout. You can also mix Vaseline with Kool-Aid powder and make a colored (and flavored) lip gloss.
5. Help your scent stick around: Softly rub Vaseline all over your perfume points (i.e. the cleavage, behind the ear, neck, and wrist) and your scent will last longer!
6. It is a misconception that Vaseline clogs pores, so smear it all over your face, neck and arms for softer skin.
7. Lipstick smudges: Spread a little Vaseline over your teeth and lipstick smudges be gone! This is an infamous tip used at beauty pageants.
8. To remove last night’s makeup: Apply some to a Q-tip and have a pretty day.
9. Perfect for an eye-shadow/blush boost: Apply some under your eye shadow for a glossy effect. Apply on the apples of your cheeks for a dewy glow. Mix with lipstick for a cream blusher!
10. It eases eyebrow plucking: Tame your eyebrows and lube up the under-skin so you can pluck with ease.
11. Prevent hair dye from seeping onto your forehead: Softly dab all over your hairline and keep that box hair dye from dying your forehead the color of your new hairdo.
12. To make your accessories look brand spankin’ new: New job interview or a hot date? Put a small dab on your shoes and shine away!
13. Hide Split Ends: Haven’t had a haircut since your budget only allows you go to Great Clips for a quickie? Hide damaged ends with a small amount on your ends.
14. Remove makeup stains for your clothes. Dab a little with a damp cloth.
15. To Prevent spray-tan streaks: Rub all over the backs of your knees, ankles and hands to prevent seriously frightening spray tan lines.
16. To get those O.P.I. nail polish bottles open: Make it easier next time and rub Vaseline under the cap. Easy to open the next time you decide to do an at-home pedi.
17. It’s your new exfoliating body wash: Mix with sea salt and come out of the shower feeling soft, and sexy.
18. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line.
19. Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving.
20. Lubricates ear lobes and helps make earring insertion easy and painless.
* Bonus – Once you carve your Halloween pumpkin, rub Vaseline on the exposed edges. It keeps it from rotting or going dry.